Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
OCHA / IFRC hybrid press conference
Launch of the “Extreme Heat, preparing for heatwaves of the future” Report.
The Report: Extreme Heat, preparing for heatwaves of the future is embargoed until Monday, 10 October at 11:45 a.m. CET
- Martin Griffiths, United Nations Under-Secretary-Genral for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
- Jagan Chapagain, Secretary General of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
UNDP hybrid press conference
New UNDP report: Avoiding ‘Too Little Too Late’ on International Debt Relief
Embargo until 11 October at 6 a.m. CET
- Achim Steiner, UNDP Administrator
- George Gray Molina, UNDP Senior Economist
WMO hybrid press conferencve
2022 State of Climate Services report: Energy
- Prof Petteri Taalas, WMO Secretary-General
- Francesco La Camera, International Renewable Energy Agency Director-General (Zoom)
HRC hybrid press conference
Presentation of the first report of the International Independent Expert Mechanism to Advance Racial Justice and Equality in Law Enforcement
- Yvonne Mokgoro, Chair (B-128)
- Tracie L. Keesee, Expert (Zoom)
- Juan E. Méndez, Expert (Zoom)
UNCTAD hybrid press conference
Publication of the Trade and Development Report 2022
Embargo until Monday, 3 October 2022 at 5 p.m. CEST
- Rebeca Grynspan, UNCTAD Secretary General
- Richard Kozul-Wright, UNCTAD, Director, Division on Globalization and Development Strategies
Ocha hybrid press conference
Update on the humanitarian situation in Pakistan and priority needs in response to the floods. Curtain-raiser in advance of the official launch of the revised flash appeal on Tuesday 4 October.
- Julien Harneis, United Nations Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
ITC hybrid press conference
The launch of the SME Competitiveness Outlook flagship report, focusing on connected services, being transport and logistics, financial services, information and communications technologies, and business and professional services. The report shows why policymakers, companies and business support organizations should focus on developing these business sectors to foster inclusive economic growth.
- Pamela Coke-Hamilton, ITC Executive Director
- Barbara Ramos, ITC, Chief, Research and Strategies for Exports
WIPO virtual press conference
2022 edition of the Global Innovation Index, whose ranking documents the leaders in worldwide innovative activity.
Embargo expires on 29 September 2022 at 8 a.m. (Geneva time) (CEST, GMT +2)
- Daren Tang, Director General, WIPO
- GII co-editors and specialists, TBC
OHCHR hybrid press conference
UN Committee on Enforced Disappearances' press conference to present findings on Mali, Czech Republic and Uruguay
- Carmen Rosa Villa Quintana, Chair of the Committee
- Olivier de Frouville, Committee Member (joining online)
- Milica Kolakovic-Bojovic, Vice Chair of the Committee (joining online)
- Juan José Lopez Ortega, Committee Member
HRC hybrid press conference
Oral update of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine to the UN Human Rights Council
- Erik Møse, Chair
- Jasminka Džumhur, Commissioner
- Pablo de Greiff, Commissioner
WFP/UNHCR/UNICEF hybrid press conference
- Eddie Rowe, WFP Representative and Country Director in Sudan
- Mandeep O’Brien, UNICEF Representative in Sudan
- Axel Bisschop, UNHCR Representative in Sudan
Permanent Mission of China press conference
Press Conference on Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
Press conference in person only
- Xu Guixiang, Director of Information Office, People’s Government of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region(XUAR), China