The United Nations Information Service Geneva covers a range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meeting of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events. Accredited journalists can participate in bi-weekly briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN funds, programmes and specialized agencies based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service also regularly issues press releases and meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament. Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
An overview of the communication published by the Information Service can be found on this page. To navigate directly to a specific format, please click on the respective button below.
Bi-Weekly Press Briefings
UN Women hybrid press conference
- Adriana Quinones, Director a.i. of UN Women Liaison Office Geneva
- Inkeri Von Hase, Global Coordinator, Making Migration Safe for Women, UN Women
WMO hybrid press conference
- Prof Petteri Taalas, WMO Secretary-General
- Dr Stefan Uhlenbrook, Director (hydrology)
OCHA hybrid press conference
Under embargo until 1 December 2022, 6 a.m. CET
- Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
ILO virtual press conference
Under embargo until Wednesday, 30 November 2022, 4 p.m. CET - 3 p.m. GMT
- Manuela Tomei, Assistant Director-General for Governance, Rights and Dialogue
- Rosalia Vazquez-Alvarez, ILO Econometrician and wage specialist
Permanent Mission of Switzerland hybrid press conference
- Pashtana Durrani, 24, Afghanistan - Underground schools for girls
- Zulaikha Patel, 19, South Africa - Anti-racism
- Sameer Jha, 21, USA - Safe classrooms for LGBTQ+ students
- C’est Prévue Emmy Lusila, 21, DRC - Protecting street children
- Sebastián Benfeld, 21, Chile - A pollution-free environment & protecting environmental defenders
- Keely Cat-Wells, 26, UK/USA - Promoting disabled talent & changing mindsets through entertainment