Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
OHCHR hybrid press conference
- Ms. Carmen Rosa Villa Quintana, Chair of the Committee
- Mr. Horacio Ravenna, member of CED Mexico Delegation
- Ms. Albane Prophette- Pallasco, Secretary of the Committee
- Ms. Milica Kolakovic-Bojovic, Vice Chair and Rapporteur on Greece
- Mr. Olivier de Frouville, Rapporteur on Niger
- Mr. Juan José Lopez Ortega, Rapporteur on Niger and member of CED Mexico Delegation
- Mr. Juan Pablo Alban Alencastro, member of CED Mexico Delegation
WIPO virtual press conference
Embargo until Thursday, 7 April at 12 p.m. (noon)
- Marco Aleman, Assistant Director General
- Carsten Fink, Chief Economist
- Julio Raffo, Head, Innovation Economy Section
OCHA virtual press conference
Embargo until Thursday 31 March 2022 at 6 a.m. CEST
- Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (OCHA).
- Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon, Minister for South Asia, North Africa, the United Nations and the Commonwealth at the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), United Kingdom. .
- Mr. Ricklef Beutin, Director General for Crisis Prevention, Stabilisation, Peacebuilding and Humanitarian Assistance, Federal Foreign Office, Germany.
- Dr. Majed Mohammed Al-Ansari, Adviser to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Spokesperson, State of Qatar.