Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
United Nations hybrid press conference
- António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations.
Accompanied by Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
Moderated by Melissa Fleming, Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications
ILO virtual press conference
Under embargo until Wednesday, 1 September at 1 p.m. (Geneva Time) 11:00 GMT
- Guy Ryder, ILO Director-General ILO.
- Shahra Razavi, Director, ILO Social Protection department.
WMO/UNDRR hybrid press conference
- Prof. Petteri Taalas, Secretary-General of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- Ms Mami Mizutori, Assistant Secretary-General and Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- Dr Maria Neira, Director of Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health (WHO)
UN-OHRLLS hybrid press conference
- E. Courtenay Rattray, High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States
UNHCR virtual press conference
Speakers are from UNHCR/OCHA/UNICEF + an NGO
- Kelly Clements, Deputy High Commissioner, UNHCR
- Wafaa Saeed Abdelatef, Director, Coordination Division, UN OCHA
- Manuel Fontaine, Director of Emergency Programmes, UNICEF
- Najeeba Wazedafost, CEO Asia Pacific Refugee Network
WHO virtual Press Conference
Under Embargo until 25 August at 00:30 CEST
- Dr Bente Mikkelsen, Director, Department of Noncommunicable Diseases, WHO
- Dr Taskeen Khan, Medical Officer, Cardiovascular diseases, Department of Noncommunicable Diseases, WHO
- Professor Majid Ezzati, Professor of Global Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, London