Welcome to the United Nations
Before the tour
The guided tour lasts for approximately one hour.
Groups can reserve a tour in numerous languages, including Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German (and Swiss German), Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Slovak.
- Adults (Ages 18+): 22 CHF
- University students, senior citizens and disabled persons (University students must show valid student ID): 18 CHF
- School Children and Youth (Aged 14 to 17): 12 CHF
- School Children and Youth (Aged 6 to 13): 11 CHF
- Teachers (For every 10 school children booked, - 1 teacher is free. Extra teachers should be booked as adults)
- Private VIP Tour: 280 CHF
- The Human Rights and Alliance of Civilizations Room, decorated by famous artist Miquel Barcelò.
- The library of the Palais des Nations and the UN Museum.
- Part of the Ariana Park and the monument commemorating the conquest of outer space.
- A film about the history and features of the Assembly Hall, the largest room in the Palais des Nations.
- The plaza and entrance of our new state-of the-art and sustainable Building H.
- You will discover the Sustainable Development Goals.
- You will learn how a conference works at the United Nations.
Palais des Nations transit stop is Appia.
Enter the Palais des Nations through the Visitor's entrance at Pregny Gate, on 14 Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva in front of the International Committee of the Red Cross building and next to the Geneva Hotel School (please see map here).
The United Nations Office at Geneva is a workplace. Delegates hold their meetings where visitors go on guided tour. Visitors are therefore kindly reminded to stay with the tour guide at all times, to keep noise levels down, and to respect the professional working environment of the United Nations.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your tour.
Transports Publics Genevois
Palais des Nations transit stop are Appia and Nations.
Access from Cornavin railway station:
- Bus lines 20, F ("Appia" stop)
- Bus line 5 or tram line 15 (“Nations” stop), then a 5 minutes' walk to Pregny Gate
Access from Cointrin airport:
- Bus line 5 (“Nations” stop), then a 5 minutes' walk to Pregny Gate
- Other bus lines with stop at “Nations”: 11 and 22, then a 5 minutes' walk to Pregny Gate
In Geneva, unireso public-transport tickets must be purchased prior to boarding a tram, bus or ferry. Ticket machines are available at most stops. Travel cards or passes can be purchased at the main TPG centres (Rive, Cornavin and Bachet de Pesay) and at newsstands (including at the “Naville” kiosk in the Palais). Please note tickets are not available on the bus itself. Hotels, youth hostels or campsites typically offer a Geneva Transport Card, which allows use of public transport in Geneva free of charge during the period of stay.
Unfortunately, visitors are not allowed to park inside the premises of the Palais des Nations. A large underground parking is available at the Place des Nations, next to the United Nations, and can be accessed via Rue de Varembé.
Official Holidays for 2024 at the United Nations Office at Geneva:
|Monday 1 January New Year’s Day||Thursday 1 August Swiss National Day|
|Friday 29 March Good Friday||Wednesday 25 December Christmas Day|
|Monday 1 April Easter Monday||Thursday 26 December|
|Wednesday 10 April Eid Al-Fitr||Friday 27 December|
|Monday 17 June Eid al-Adha (observed)|
Visitors should plan for approximately 40 minutes for security screening upon arrival.
Visitors should not be carrying luggage or large bags.
Due to certain events, Visitors’ Service may need to close at short notice, this will not concern pre-registered groups. Our tour route and schedule may be affected by certain meetings, meaning some rooms may not be accessible, without prior notice.
Please check the updated security information before your tour.