Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
WHO virtual press conference (under embargo)
The embargo lifts on Monday, 17 March at 02:01 Geneva time.
A paper to be published in Environment International breaks new ground and systematically analyses and quantifies the disease burden of long working hours. The paper also highlights some key recommendations.
- Maria Neira, WHO Director, Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health, WHO
- Frank Pega, Technical Officer, Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health, WHO
- Professor Jian Li, Professor of occupational health at UCLA. Lead Reviewer of the systematic review on the effect of exposure to long working hours
UNCTAD virtual press conference
WFP/FAO virtual press conference
- Dominique Burgeon, Director, FAO Liaison Office in Geneva and Director in charge of FAO Office of Emergencies and Resilience
- Annalisa Conte, Director of the World Food Programme (WFP) Geneva office
- Arif Husain, Chief Economist and Director of Research, Assessment and Monitoring, United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Luca Russo, Senior Food Crises Analyst and Strategic Advisor on Resilience, United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
WHO virtual press conference
WHO is releasing the second round of a “pulse survey“ analyzing the disruption in provision of essential health services over one year into the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr Jim Cambell, Director, Health Workforce, WHO
- Dr Patrick Zuber, Lead Health Systems Connector, WHO
UNFPA hybrid press conference
- Monica Ferro, Director, UNFPA Geneva Office
UN-Habitat virtual press conference
Under embargo until Tuesday, 30 March, 0601 am Geneva time (CEST)
- Maimunah Mohd Sharif, UN-Habitat Executive Director
- Eduardo Moreno, Head of Knowledge and Innovation, UN-Habitat
- Claudia Nayibe Lopez Hernandez, Mayor of Bogota
- Professor Siraj Sait, University of East London
- Santiago Saura, Councilor for International Affairs and Cooperation of Madrid City Council.
UNHCR/UNDP virtual press conference
- Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Achim Steiner, UNDP Administrator