Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
HRC/Commission on inquiry hybrid press conference
Presentation of the report of the UN Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and in Israel
(Report scheduled to be presented to the Human Rights Council on 13 June in the afternoon)
- Navi Pillay, Chair of the Commission of Inquiry
- Miloon Kothari, Member of Commission of Inquiry
- Chris Sidoti, Member of Commission of Inquiry
UNHCR hybrid press conference
UNHCR’s Annual Global Trends Report on Forced Displacement in 2021
Under strict embargo until 16 June 2022 at 0001 GMT
- Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions hybrid press conference
UNRWA hybrid press conference
- Dr Akihiro Seita, UNRWA Director of Health
ILO virtual press conference
Embargo until Monday, 23 May 2022 at 12 p.m. (noon) Geneva time, 10 a.m. GMT
- Guy Ryder, ILO Director-General.
- Sangheon Lee, Director, ILO Employment Policy Department
OCHA hybrid press conference
UNDRR hybrid press conference
- Peter Gluckman, President, International Science Council
- Salim Abdool Karim, Vice President, International Science Council
- Mami Mizutori, Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization
- Mathieu Denis, Acting CEO and Science Director, International Science Council