Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
OCHA / IFRC hybrid press conference
The Report: Extreme Heat, preparing for heatwaves of the future is embargoed until Monday, 10 October at 11:45 a.m. CET
- Martin Griffiths, United Nations Under-Secretary-Genral for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
- Jagan Chapagain, Secretary General of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
UNCTAD hybrid press conference
Embargo until Monday, 3 October 2022 at 5 p.m. CEST
- Rebeca Grynspan, UNCTAD Secretary General
- Richard Kozul-Wright, UNCTAD, Director, Division on Globalization and Development Strategies
OCHA hybrid press conference
- Julien Harneis, United Nations Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
ITC hybrid press conference
- Pamela Coke-Hamilton, ITC Executive Director
- Barbara Ramos, ITC, Chief, Research and Strategies for Exports
WIPO virtual press conference
2022 edition of the Global Innovation Index, whose ranking documents the leaders in worldwide innovative activity.
Embargo expires on 29 September 2022 at 8 a.m. (Geneva time) (CEST, GMT +2)
- Daren Tang, Director General, WIPO
- GII co-editors and specialists, TBC
OHCHR hybrid press conference
- Carmen Rosa Villa Quintana, Chair of the Committee
- Olivier de Frouville, Committee Member (joining online)
- Milica Kolakovic-Bojovic, Vice Chair of the Committee (joining online)
- Juan José Lopez Ortega, Committee Member
HRC hybrid press conference
- Erik Møse, Chair
- Jasminka Džumhur, Commissioner
- Pablo de Greiff, Commissioner