Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
IPCC virtual press conference
Please note that this entire virtual briefing is off-the-record. It is purely on deep background, it cannot be recorded, nothing from briefing can be reported, referenced, cited or quoted.
Please confirm your registration with Elisa Landozzi - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Debra Roberts, Co-Chair of the IPCC Working Group II
- Dr Hans-Otto Pörtner, Co-Chair of the IPCC Working Group II
UNOG hybrid press conference
UNRWA hybrid press conference
- Philippe Lazzarini, Commissioner-General of UNRWA
ILO virtual press conference
Embargo 17 Janvier at 12:00 (Geneva time) (11:00 GMT)
- Guy Ryder, ILO Director-General
- Richard Samans, Director, ILO Research Department
OCHA/UNHCR hybrid press conference
Embargo 11 January 2022, at 6 a.m. CET
- Martin Griffiths, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
- Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees
UNCTAD hybrid press conference
Embargo 15, December at 6 a.m. GMT, 7 a.m. CET
- Miho Shirotori, UNCTAD, Director (OiC) of the International Trade Division
- Alessandro Nicita, UNCTAD, Chief of the Research (Trade Analysis), International Trade Division
WHO virtual press conference
Embargo 12, December at 1 p.m. CET
- Stephen Mac Feely, Director, Department Data and Analytics, WHO
- Feng Zhao, Practice Manager, Health, Nutrition and Population Global Practice, World Bank
- Joseph Kutzin, Director, Department Health Governance and Financing, WHO
- Nelly Biondi, Technical lead, Department Data and Analytics, WHO
- Gabriela Flores, Technical lead, Department Health Governance and Financing, WHO
- Ajay Tandon, Lead Economist, Health, Nutrition and Population Global Practice, World Bank