Media outlets can request permanent or temporary press accreditation for their correspondents to cover the range of activities taking place at the United Nations Office at Geneva, from meetings of the Human Rights Council and peace talks to other major conferences and events.
Accredited correspondents participate in bi-weekly press briefings chaired by the UN Geneva spokesperson and attended by the spokespeople of UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva. Correspondents also have access to scheduled press conferences, stakeouts and background briefings on an almost daily basis.
The UN Information Service regularly issues press releases and the meeting summaries of major meetings happening in Geneva, including the sessions of the Human Rights Council, the human rights committees, and the Conference on Disarmament.
Facilities for the media include free or rented workspaces and access to radio and television studios and services, upon availability.
UNHCR/OHCHR hybrid press conference
- Gillian Triggs, UNHCR's Assistant High Commissioner for Protection
- Victor Madrigal-Borloz, the UN Independent Expert on Protection Against Violence and Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (UN IE SOGI)
OHCHR hybrid press conference
Main findings and recommendations of the report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights to the Human Rights Council (under Human Rights Council resolution 43/1)
- Peggy Hicks, Director of Thematic Engagement
- Mona Rishmawi, Chief, Rule of Law, Equality and Non-Discrimination Branch
- Sara Hamood, Team Leader, Racial Justice Team
OHCHR Hybrid Press Conference
- Victor Madrigal-Borloz (UN Independent Expert on protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity)
ITC hybrid press conference
UNDP virtual press conference
The policy brief is under embargo until 24 June 00.01 EST and 6:01 CET
- Achim Steiner, UNDP Administrator
- Georges Ronald Gray, UNDP Chief Economist
- Lars Jensen, Author and Senior Economist
UNDRR hybrid press conference
Under embargo until 17 June 3 p.m. Geneva time
- Mami Mizutori, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Dr. Roger Pulwarty, Senior Scientist, US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration