All questions with this tag
Consult on the next steps here (see also points 3, 4, 5 of the brochure Working with ECOSOC: an NGOs Guide to Consultative Status).
You will receive a letter from the NGO Branch of DESA informing you of the review date for your application. You may also consult the agenda of the committee here.
Check the list of NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC at the csonet web page (E/2018/INF/5) or the list of NGOs accredited at the UN Office at Geneva.
The NGO Liaison Unit at UNOG is the focal point for relations between the United Nations and NGOs. The Office maintains liaison with NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC and facilitates their participation in United Nations activities. Through our Unit, NGOs may receive assistance with their request for consultative status with ECOSOC, guidance on their contribution to the work of the United Nations, participate in NGO joint briefings, request UNOG grounds passes, and reserve conference rooms at the Palais des Nations.
Learn more about the NGO Liaison Unit. Call us from 9 to 11 am and from 2 to 4 pm at +41 (0)22 917 2178 or (0)22 917 1304. Visit us from 9 to 11 am or on fixed appointments. Our Offices are located at the Palais des Nations, H building.
Congratulations! Once an NGO is granted consultative status with ECOSOC, its representatives can be accredited with UNOG and receive grounds passes to enter the Palais des Nations. You will need to follow these three steps in order to receive UNOG annual grounds passes (valid until 31 December of the ongoing year):
- The President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of your NGO should be registered in the iCSO database at www.csonet.org;
- Other annual representatives of your NGO should be registered in the iCSO database;
- A designation letter should be sent to the NGO Liaison Unit at UNOG. Consult template designation letter and user guide. Once the above steps have been completed and the request has been sent to the NGO Liaison Unit, we need three working days to process and approve it.
Learn about the benefits of establishing a consultative relationship with ECOSOC – download the brochure.
Follow these steps:
- Check here if your NGO is eligible;
- Register your organizational profile here in the iCSO database;
- Submit your application online by 1 June. The Committee will review your application the following year.