All questions with this tag
Follow the steps as outlined on our web page. Tip: In the iCSO database, you may select “Copy” next to the name of your representative, update his/her details, and press “Submit”. This can only be done when the existing pass has already expired. If not, create a new profile for yourself by clicking on “New Designation” twice, and then fill out the boxes and press “Submit.”
Most likely, your request for accreditation with UNOG has not been finalized. Make sure to finalize your request (follow steps as outlined on our web page). We need 3 working days to process and approve your request, so make sure not to leave this till the last moment or you may not be able to get to Palais des Nations in time for an event.
You can check the status of your request by logging into your NGO profile in the iCSO database at www.csonet.org. If your name is listed under “Geneva designations”, it means we have approved the issuance of your grounds pass. If your name is still listed as "pending", it means we have not approved it yet. Please verify that you have finalized all required steps as outlined on our web page. When the NGO Liaison Unit approves your request, you will receive an automatic confirmation sent to the email address registered in your profile in the iCSO database, stating when and where to pick up your grounds pass.
Once your UNOG grounds pass has been approved by the NGO Liaison Unit, you are welcome to pick up your grounds pass (entry badge) on weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. at the Pregny Gate, Building F, 8 - 14 Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva 10, upon presentation of a valid picture ID.
From the moment your grounds pass has been approved, there is no deadline to collect it prior to the expiration date.
Should there be any change with regard to the presidency of your NGO during the calendar year, you are to inform the NGO Branch of DESA in New York first through the "Contact us" section of the www.csonet.org while uploading the relevant documentation for the recognition of the new president. The NGO Liaison Unit will only be able to recognize the new president of the NGO once the request has been accepted by the NGO Branch of DESA. If the change of president occurs at the beginning of the year, at a time when an NGO is renewing its annual accreditation, the NGO should simply register the new president in the iCSO database and send us the designation letter signed by the new president.
No. Please make sure you enter correct information (spelling as in ID/passport, date and year of birth, etc.).
- The President/CEO or Chief Administrative Officer of an NGO should send a signed letter to the NGO Liaison Unit with the request for cancellation;
- If the grounds pass has already been withdrawn from the Pregny gate, it needs to be returned to us - either to the Security officers at the Pregny gate or to the NGO Liaison Unit, in person or by mail to:
NGO Liaison Unit
Office of the Director-General, Rooms 143/145
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10
With a valid UNOG grounds pass, you are entitled to participate in any public UN Conference at Palais des Nations. However, we always recommend that you check for any additional registration requirements with the secretariat organizing a meeting you are interested in.
The Library is located inside the United Nations compound in Geneva, in Building B of the Palais des Nations.
Getting to the Palais des Nations:
Entry for visitors is possible at Peace Gate and the Pregny Pavilion bis from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. after passing through security screening.
Public transport: Transports Publics Genevois
Palais des Nations transit stops are Appia and Nations.
Access from Cornavin railway station:
- Bus lines : 8, F, V, Z (“Appia” stop), then a 5 minutes' walk to the Pregny Gate (Pass & ID accreditation services), or directly to the Peace Gate
- Tramway 15 (“Nations” stop)
Access from Cointrin airport:
- Bus lines: 28 (“Appia” stop) or 5 (“Nations” stop)
Other bus lines with stop at “Nations”:
- Bus lines 11 and 22.
Reminder for all external attendees: If you are not in possession of a UN badge, you should register to the event of your choice on indico.un.org, and bring a valid ID on the day of the event to the UN visitors entrance, the Peace Gate.
If your media ground pass is lost or stolen, you must immediately report it to the Security Identification Unit at the Pregny Gate, Building F, 8 - 14 Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva 10, tel. +41 (0)22 917 50 02. You will be required to complete a form in order to obtain a new badge.
Every year, an NGO can designate up to seven representatives to obtain UNOG annual grounds passes (valid until 31 December).
An NGO can have:
1. One (1) designation as “President/ Chief Executive Officer” (Head of the NGO);
2. One (1) designation as “Chief Administrative Officer” (Second Head of the NGO who can act on behalf of the President/CEO);
3. One (1) designation as “Main representative” (who can act on behalf of the President/CEO and CAO, with limited or without accrediting rights);
4. Maximum four designations with the representative type as “Additional representative”. NGOs need to attribute these designations to their representatives who might have different functional titles within the NGO (e.g. an NGO’s Executive Director could be designated as “Chief Administrative Officer” or an NGO’s Project Officer could be designated as “Additional representatives”).
When communicating with the NGO Liaison Unit, NGO representatives are invited to refer themselves to the four representative types recognized by the UN mentioned above and as designated in the iCSO database.
It is compulsory to designate the President/CEO or the Chief Administrative Officer at the beginning of each year. There can only be one President and one Chief Administrative Officer for all three duty stations (New York, Geneva and Vienna). Main and additional representatives may vary from one duty station to another.
An NGO can also request temporary grounds passes for a maximum duration of three months, renewable once. The NGO Liaison Unit reserves the right to apply limitations to the number of temporary grounds passes requested based on capacity or security constraints, and NGOs may be requested to provide relevant justifications.
- Immediately inform the Security at the Palais des Nations – call +41 (0) 22 917 2900;
- Go to the Pregny gate with a valid picture ID, and you will receive a new UN grounds pass. (Address: Avenue de la Paix, from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).