Effective October 9th, 2023, the Pass and ID Office will operate as follows:
- Peace Gate: Badge issuance for conference, events, visitors and guided tours from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Peace Gate Bis: Badge issuance for conference and events from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as needed based on volume.
- Pregny Gate: Badge issuance/ renewal for holders of permanent badges at Pregny pavilion from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Permanent badge holders (staff members, interns and consultants) are reminded that badge renewals must be done at the Client Service Center, located in building H, open Wednesdays from 1p.m. – 4 p.m.
Signage will be present at all entrances to indicate the above.
Tel: +41 (0) 22 917 50 02
Fax: + 41 (0) 22 917 04 94
Please find more information on the Security page.
To the Palais des Nations:
- Conference participants are to register on the Indico.UN platform prior to attending the respective meeting or conference.
- First time entry for conference participants is through Pregny Gate, Avenue de la Paix 14, from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m on weekdays only upon which they will be issued with a paper conference badge. Thereafter, the paper conference badge permits access through the Pregny, Avenue de la Paix 14, and Peace Gate, Place des Nations, subject to security screening.
- Visitors coming for a guided tour: please follow the guidelines on the Visits Page.
- All other visitors are to be announced by their host in the Visitor Announcement Page.
- Entry for visitors is possible at Pregny Gate and Peace Gate from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. upon which visitors will obtain a magnetic day badge after passing through security screening.
All visitors must carry a valid passport (UN Member or Observer State). A valid national ID card issued by a European Member State is also accepted.
To the buildings within the Palais des Nations:
Access to most doors at the Palais des Nations is secured by a centralized access security system and can only be opened by means of a magnetic United Nations grounds pass issued to authorized users. Only public doors will be accessible without a magnetic ground pass from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays to enable access to visitors and conference participants.
Annexe Bocage (CLM): Open 7 a.m. - 7 p.m
Tempus (Conference Rooms Tempus 1-3): Open 7 a.m. - 7 p.m
E40 (Conference Rooms XVII – XXVII): Open 7 a.m. - 7 p.m
S1 (JMS, SAFI, UNDT): Open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m
E39: (Guided Tours Service): Open 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
All other building doors are under Electronic Access Control and require a magnetic badge for access, including building H via door H60 (Plaza) and the tunnel (link E-H).
Exit of the building after 7 p.m. on weekdays:
Door E40 has a release button that can be activated after 7 p.m.
Exit through the gates:
Nations gate and Pregny gate have free flow pedestrian exit at the turnstiles, no electronic badge is required. Visitors will leave their magnetic day pass in the receptacle provided for this purpose during their last visit, to exit via the dedicated turnstile.
Exit with a bike:
Visitors and conference participants cannot come into the Palais des Nations with a bicycle.
Open access 7:00 a.m. - 7:00p.m.: Doors A11 I E40 I H60
Door A11 | 3rd floor
Door E40 | 1st, 3rd and 6th floors
For persons with disabilities is available nearby the accessible doors.
- Accessible 24 hours, 7 days per week for authorized pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles.
- Security officers will scan the UNOG badge of drivers and passengers upon entry.
- Pedestrians will access through their dedicated entry at the Pregny turnstiles.
- Open on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. for authorized pedestrians and cyclists.
- Outside of those hours, Nations Gate is accessible for entry by accredited pedestrians who announce themselves by calling the Security Operations Center.
- Before 7 a.m. and after 8 p.m., cyclists should enter and exit using the vehicle lanes at Pregny gate.
- Open on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. for delivery, company, staff and delegate vehicles.
- Security officers will scan the UNOG badge of drivers and passengers upon entry.
- Entry open for accredited pedestrians from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Exit for vehicles and bicycles is possible between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Exit for accredited pedestrians is possible between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. through the turnstiles, using the magnetic grounds pass (no free flow exit).
Official Holidays for 2024 at the United Nations Office at Geneva:
|Monday 1 January New Year’s Day||Thursday 1 August Swiss National Day|
|Friday 29 March Good Friday||Wednesday 25 December Christmas Day|
|Monday 1 April Easter Monday||Thursday 26 December|
|Wednesday 10 April Eid Al-Fitr||Friday 27 December|
|Monday 17 June Eid al-Adha (observed)|
Palais ticket office hours
For information about guided tours of the Palais des Nations, please consult the following page: www.ungeneva.org/en/practical-information/visitors
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 48 96
S1 Building Level 1 Above SAFI
Open M-F / 08:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- For medical emergencies in the building call 112
- For medical evacuations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For missions: email@example.com - + 41 (0)22 917 28 07
- For COVID-19 cases: firstname.lastname@example.org - + 41 (0)22 917 28 07
- For sick leave: email@example.com
- For all other medical-administrative issues: firstname.lastname@example.org + 41 (0)22 917 25 20
SAFI Shop / Post office
S1 Building Level -1
Open M-F / 11:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
E Building Level 2 (Gate 41): Counter / Welcome Desk / UBS ATMs / UBS Multimats
E Building Level 4 (Offices E4040 to E4050): Customer meeting rooms
Open M-F / 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tel: +41 (0) 848 848 054
E building Level 2
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Thursdays: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Tel: +41 (0) 800 12 1158
UNOG Client Support Centre (CSC), H building, Level 1
Every day from 10:00am to 1:00pm
Office B-214, Palais des Nations
Afternoons are reserved for appointments
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 3510
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 9999 press 8
Email : email@example.com
Client Support Centre (CSC), H Building, Level 1
Open M-F / 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 9999 press 7 (M-F / 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Support Centre
H Building Level 1
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 9999
Open M-F / 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Diplomatic & Client Services Sub-Unit (DCSS) - Laissez-passer, tax forms etc.
S2 Building Level 3 Room 301-13.
Open M-F / 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Laissez-passer required for authorized duty travel can exceptionally be issued/renewed following submission of a request at email@example.com.
S2 Building Level 3 Room 301-16.
Open M-F / 09:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. but can be reachable by email and phone until 5:30 p.m.
Visas for official travel continue to be provided.
Email : CustomerServices@cibtvisas.ch
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 48 00
Flight bookings - UNOG Travel Team and CWT
Travel services will continue to be provided remotely. For any issues regarding official travel please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
E building Level 1
Open M-F / 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (closing at 3:00 p.m. Fridays)
A building Level 0
Open M-F / 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Payments will only be made by credit cards, contactless payment and ELDORA’s electronic badges. No payment in cash will be accepted.
Grab ‘N’ Go
H Building Level 2
Open M-F / 24 hours (closing at 3:30 p.m. Fridays)
AC Building Level 3
The Salon Suisse will reopen on Monday 22 May 2023 although without catering services. Catering service will be available upon request, using this form.
Press Bar / Bar/Snack Palette / Pasta Corner / Delegates Restaurant
Learn more about the food options in the Palais des Nations on this page.
Cultural Kiosk (CAGI)
E Building (first floor, in front of Conference Room XVIII, access from door 40)
Tel: + 41 (0)22 917 11 11
Open M-F / 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased both directly and remotely.
E Building level 2 room E39
Open Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays / 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
E Building level 2 Door 39
Open M-F / 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Building E: office PN E.3054-2, 3rd floor
Building S: office PN. S.036, ground floor (temporarily closed, S building currently under renovation)
Building H: 2nd and 5th floors (for staff use only)
Please request access at the Pass & ID Unit. You will be provided with a magnetic badge to open the doors.
The facilities are accessible during the buildings' opening hours.
NGO Liaison Unit
Office of the Director-General
Palais des Nations
1211 Geneva 10
Tel: + 41 (0)22 917 13 04; + 41 (0)22 917 21 78 - Monday to Friday: 9.00 to 11.00 a.m. and 2.00 to 4.00 p.m.
Fax: +41 (0)22 917 05 83
Distribution of Official documents
Helpdesk for Delegates & Print-on-Demand
M to F: 08.30 a.m. – 12.30 pm & 1.30 – 5.30 p.m.
E Building / Door 40
Contact: +41 (0)22 917 49 00 & email@example.com
Palais Wilson & C.337 Counters
Currently suspended as a sanitary measure. Services are provided through the main counter.
Printing requests for official documents can be made at DCM Distribution Counters.