How we can assist you
Prepares and coordinates official visits of the President of the General Assembly, the Secretary-General, and the Deputy Secretary-General to UN Geneva and Switzerland.
- Facilitates access of high-level dignitaries/spouses to UN Geneva.
- Welcomes high-level dignitaries upon their first arrival to UN Geneva.
- Arranges visits for advance teams to view locations at UN Geneva.
- Coordinates with Permanent Missions and with organizing secretariats the programs for official visits.
- Arranges bilateral meetings between VIPs and the Director-General of UN Geneva.
- Advises on best practices.
Please inform UN Geneva Protocol (email@example.com) as soon as possible of the arrival and convey the contact details of your focal point in charge of the visit.
Provides guidance and advice to Permanent Missions of Member States, Permanent Observer Missions and Permanent Observer Offices, and other requesting entities on United Nations protocol usage and practice, diplomatic etiquette, order of precedence, and the use of the United Nations flag.
Receives and authorizes requests for the issuance of UN Identification cards granting access to the grounds of UN Geneva for personnel of Permanent Missions of Member States, Permanent Observer Missions, and Permanent Observer Offices accredited to the United Nations Office at Geneva.
Arranges ceremonies to present letters of credence. Please convey an electronic copy of letters of credence and a CV to our office – more information can be found on our page for Permanent Missions.
Flag-raising ceremonies: Arranges official ceremonies, such as the admission of new Member States and others.