All meetings at UN Geneva shall respect the following broad accessibility standards:
- Conference websites shall respect the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Accessibility Guidelines for United Nations Websites;
- Conference registration procedures shall be accessible;
- Information concerning accessibility shall be provided to delegates;
- Fast-track access to accreditation at Pregny Gate shall be provided to all registered conference participants with disabilities;
- All video statements and presentations made by UN officials shall be made accessible;
- All public meetings shall be broadcast live in audio,
- All conference records; outcomes; decisions, and resolutions shall be made available on conference websites.
Guidelines for Inclusive Communication at UN Geneva
UN Geneva’s commitment to ensuring accessibility of its premises, services, and website are in accordance with Article 9 (g) of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and in support of that Convention. If you encounter accessibility barriers on ungeneva.org, please use the contact form. We are consistently trying to improve our services; if you have any feedback on how we can do better, let us know through the feedback form below.
Many documents on this website are published in DOCX and PDF format. These formats may not be fully accessible, but finding solutions to this issue is one of our top priorities. Some links on this site will take you to other websites within and outside of the UN system; some of these sites are not yet in accordance with UN Accessibility Guidelines.
This website has been tested using screen readers. We are working to find solutions to elements of this site that are not compatible with screen readers.
This website is created in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Accessibility Initiative’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and the web accessibility guidelines of the United Nations.
If you are interested in how to make your website more accessible, resources for improving web accessibility are available here https://www.un.org/en/webaccessibility/index.shtml
This statement was created in April 2020.